Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Days 54 and 55

Day 54

     Very hard to get up this morning and return to the routine!  No delays, just an agonizing 6 in the morning.  But all in all, it was nice to return to school and see my kiddos.  They were all happy to be back.  For some of mine perhaps, school is where it is warm and they have good food.  Sad.
     This afternoon after grading a few papers, I worked on Suzy Mosh's New to Me challenge.  This week we had to use new tangles that began with the letter N.  Do you know what?  I have almost no N tangles in my trusty notebook.  And the ones I do have are not new.  So using more than one tangle was not going to happen.  I chose (or rather it chose me) Nexxus by Jeanne Burbage.  Since it had to go solo, I played around with a bit of color. 

Day 55 and a new tangle??

       Remember how excited I was yesterday to have some normalcy?  I got a school cast call this morning at 5:30.  No school.  I looked outside to a white covered world.  Really???  I have been sitting here drawing and playing around with supplies.  While that is fun, no argument, I sort of miss getting back into the "grind".  And I also hate the thought of possibly going too far into my summer. 
      I worked first on the challenge for Made by Joey.  We had to use blocks and stack them - 3 on the bottom, then 2, then 1.  I added a few supports around the blocks - they looked a bit un steady. 
     Diva's challenge was to use tools that you didn't usually use.  I rarely use black tiles.  I did my drawing in gel pens - nothing really unusual there, except I only use gel pens for coloring not doing the tangles in.  The lines are too thick and bulky for me.  
     One of my absolute favorite tangles is Arabel by Helena.  I use it every chance I get.  I like the curvy flow - well, everything about this tangle appeals to me!  I wanted to use it for the Diva challenge, but couldn't figure out how to do the boxes so they could be in different colors.  (sometimes, I can be a bit, uh, anal . . . )  So I decided to "release" arable from it's confines!  I really like how the curves can be fitted in with each other.  I am not sure this a new tangle or merely a tangleation - but either way it is fun.
     What do you think?  A new one or just some fun playing?  Does it need a name?  If so, what?!
      Thank you for dropping by and saying hello!  I think I will be back in school tomorrow, but who knows?  They are predicting a bigger blast on Wednesday afternoon / night.  Oh my.  My lesson plans may last until April at this rate.  Have a blessed day!

8 comments:

  1. Great pattern and I love the green and purple--my two favorite colors! Thanks for taking part in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the tangles on black look great, the colours stand out so well! Your work is awesome! I hope that your snow goes soon and that you're safe and warm :) xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really love the colors of your gel pens! Looks great on black.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful artwork. Love the colours and freedom of arabel and your boxes are just, somehow, adorable. I love the supports.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your joey tile looks like Christmas! ha! and the pastel gels on black, that arabel shape. So pretty. Good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tiles all of them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!