Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Day 16

     I worked a bit on my challenge for Diva's site today.  I feel like my mooka and auraknot are getting better, but still lack that flair I see others capable of.  They are both tangles I play with a lot so maybe I will get better.  At least I hope so.
challenge # 172

     I wish I could have taken a photo for my 30 day creative challenge and posted it, but it just didn't work.  Last night, as we were standing in the back yard with Lakota, I watched the trees fill and twinkle with fireflies.  My first thought was of running around, barefoot of course, with a jar in my hand at Nannie and Papa's house to capture them.  That was such a simpler carefree time.  Then my thoughts turned to blessings and reminders of God's love.  I have had a difficult few weeks due to "things", but I think the fireflies were sent to remind me to look up.  Think about all that is right and count my blessings.  I really wish I could have shown you a photo.  But since I can't, go outside and see if you have any fireflies to look at.
     Thanks for dropping by and paying me a visit.  I would love it if you could leave me a comment.  Have a blessed day.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cathy. I very much enjoyed your words. I have a lot of love and respect for Teachers, and appreciate your many dedicated years. I find your carefree Tangle very delightful. Your Mooka's are so cute. I love to see highlights on the faces of the mooka's. It makes them look like they are smiling. Great Job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like David, I think your Mooka's are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tile is beautiful, as always, but I was so pleased to be reminded of fireflies. We don't have them here in the Phoenix area. I guess it's already too hot to expect those little guys to be carrying a lantern besides! It's also a very fond memory of childhood for me, and I'll bet for many others. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job. There are so many different variations of Mooka. I think we have to learn to appreciate how we do our own. We can always strive for some improvement but not to copy. Hope things get better for you. Those childhood memories can be so comforting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!