Sunday, April 7, 2013

Holy Hollibaugh!

   That expression used by Bright Owl to define our dare this week cracks me up!  If you are familiar with the very old TV show "Batman", you'll understand what I mean when I say it reminds me of the things that his sidekick Robin used to say.  I think I went a bit overboard with this tile.  I meant for the template to show through more that it does.  But here it is anyway.


     I drew hollibaugh over the top of the template and then used some gray tone markers to color it in.  Then I sort of "forgot" the template and went to work.  I like it, I am just not sure it is what I think of for a zendala!  Ah well, experimentation is good, right?

5 comments:

  1. Well Cathy, one have to look good the trace the original zendala template. It is great to see how many different solutions people come with with one and the same template and an extra challenge. I like that about this dare. And I think you did well, you started tangling and lost your self by going on, thats what zentangle is about..... I think you did a great job by coloring the hollibaugh that makes the balance in your drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, if I hadn't already worked with the template, I wouldn't have been able to see it.... but you did a wonderful job of adding hollibaugh, and changing the feel. Interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i immediately saw the template :) i dreamt of it last night so - no problem for me at all! like the fact that you lost yourself in tangling! i know that feeling very well! nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you're right about experimenting thats what its all about. like your pattern choice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like Diana (Didisch) I had to look first where the template went :-)
    The tile is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!