Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Challenge #114 - Stars!

     Diva's Monday challenge was to think about stars - star strings, star tangles, starry inspiration.  I began with a star shaped string and then used some tangles on and around it.  The string is a tangle in itself - something called "spiteria". I like this design and decided it would be a great string for this challenge.

     The whole time I am tangling, one of my favorite songs was running through my head - Don McLean's "Vincent" (Starry, Starry Night).  It is his song about Vincent Van Gogh.  You can check out this beautiful song along with some of Van Gogh's lovely work at this link. So, having a bit more time than usual, I went with the music and tangled a bit of a starry night on an ATC card.
Starry, Starry Night

     Thank you for dropping by and leaving me some sunshine!  Hope your week is going great!

7 comments:

  1. Love the 'starry, starry night' ATC...good representation of Van Gogh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both of your tiles, especially the VanGogh inspired tile! I am inspired by your work to try doing one like it!

    Thank you :)

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like your use of betweed and fang. Your Spiteria turned out much better than mine. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are great, but the 2nd one is my favorite. I love Verve in it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the black inner star... Really nice star shape! Starry night is genius in inspiration and in your interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOve the tiles, especially the second one. Way to go (or to Van Gogh)! Diana Hirsch, CZT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!