Thursday, April 11, 2013

Hip to Be Square!

   Don't you love the title of Diva's challenge this week?  I think it is so cute.  This week we had to draw squares and use them in a string challenge.  I love working in boxy places so this was a lot of fun!

     My anxiously awaited Amazon order has arrived.  Yahoo!  I ordered Made in the Shade and The Art of Zentangle.  The biggest problem I can see with both these books is - which do I look at first?!  Seriously.  They are really awesome and I keep swapping back and forth.  I need to make up my mind and see one cover to cover, but it is so hard.  If you have not gotten these books, you should dash out and get them both.
     My other purchase is also totally awesome.  A pencil sharpener.  Yep.  It has got to be the best thing I have ever seen.  I bought one for the classroom and just loved it.  I have fought pencil sharpeners in my room for 30+ years.  Nothing works well.  Until now.  It is sturdy, quiet and stops the pencil from being ground into 1 inch bits.  None of that is a problem if you are going to use it in your art studio, but with 8 year old children all are very important factors.  I love it so much my second one just came - again from Amazon - and this time it is for me! Below is a picture of this wonderful item.  Go to Amazon and check it our if you have a need for one anytime soon.
     Thank you for stopping by.  I hope your week is filled with sunshine! 

8 comments:

  1. Both tiles are great but I fel in love with the second one. The bead border is so cute, and great framing the others squares. The shading of the 2 in the middle is great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, both, and yet I must say the second stole my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your boxy places are fab! I especially enjoy your second with the wonderful beads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had lots of fun doing both of your tiles! I really like your shading on the first one and LOVE your bead border! Nicely done. :)

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tiles! I love them both, but the second is my favourite. Very nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have this second tile as a favorite. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both tiles are lovely, but that wonky bead border is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these, especially the second one!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!