Sunday, August 4, 2013

Opposites Attract!

     I LOVE the Bright Owl's challenge this week.  It is awesome!  In fact, after I go and look at all the other entries I may be inspired to do some more.  I decided to not even peek at the others until I had done my own.  Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't.  Erin asked us to take the template and divide it into two parts - one for Dr. Jekyll and the other for Mr. Hyde.  In other words, opposites.  The ideas started rolling in and what fun it was!
Thick and Thin



For the first one, I grabbed two different sized pens - a Micron 005 and a Micron 05.  I generally don't use any pen to draw with other than an 01 and a larger pen to fill areas.  The same tangles are on both sides, just the pen size is different. 











Red and Green



    Try number two uses the opposites on a color wheel - red and green.  I also used a black pen.
















Straight and Curvy

     My favorite was this one.  It was my favorite to do and I also just like the way it looks.  Only straight tangles on one side and only curvy one on the other side.  This was inspired by Erin's tile she posted with organic and nonorganic tangles (which was gorgeous by the way).  I had one teeny tiny "bobble" on this tile, but I could not think about destroying it or starting over.  Just think of it as the yin in the yang!





Warm and Cool






The last one I did is not my favorite.  I actually don't even like it.  I put warm and cool water colors on my paper.  Let it dry and then tangled on top.  Maybe it is my choice of tangles, or the color, or who knows what.  It just doesn't work for me.











     I took a break from tangling and worked on my inchie for this coming Monday.  The word for this week was "evil".  My tree has hearts (to show love) and dollar signs (to show money).  I went with the saying "The root of all evil is money".  
     Thanks for dropping by and leaving me a comment.  I am now going to look at all the other Jekyll/Hyde posts over at the Bright Owl.    I love getting inspiration from other talented artists.  Have a great week!

21 comments:

  1. I think I like the straight and curvy one best too. The contrast is very dramatic. They are all such fun though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oeps not a correct translation.
    I think the third is very nice, lots to see and balanced.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They each have their unique characteristics but I think my favorite is the third one. Nice contrast created with your tangles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are lovely!! I agree with the previous comments: my favorite is the third one too! You were very busy!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great, all of them (also the last one!). My favorites are the first and third.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of them and the inchie. All very clever ideas and beautifully made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fantastic job on all your Zendalas. I agree with you and like the one you chose as your favorite. Whatever the "bobble" is, I couldn't see it - lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can tell you had fun and I have had a great time looking at your fabulous designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your inchie! I think it is a true saying, lovely interpretation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant zentangles, and a great idea for your inchie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful zentagles and a great idea for the Inchie

    chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your tangles especially number three - love the smooth curves opposing the straight sharp lines - just great contrast. They are all good and I love your inchie - I actually thought of the same thing but it would have taken me time to embroider which I didn't have this week so opted for easy and quick, but great inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love your tangles, and I love the take with the inchie great job!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree. Straight and curvy is definitely my favourite. And your interpretation of the inchie is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a nice idea for evil. Very creative inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great take on the evil theme, I love it.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The third option is very much! .. Though, all good :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you really enjoyed this dare! I love all of your Zendalas and the inchie, too! Think my favorite is #3.

    Be creative and catch some happy!

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!