Monday, August 12, 2013

First Impressions

   I am so bad about making a judgement based on first impressions.  I know I shouldn't.  But I quite often always do.  Fortunately, I find myself willing to change my opinion when I have to.  Take for example the monotangle challenge from Mindful-Creations.  We had to use the tangle "cracked".  Uh.  My first reaction was . . .  well, I didn't want to.  It didn't appeal to me.  But I forced myself and voila!  I like the tile.  It still may not be a tangle I often use, but I really like the tile.  I used a stencil to draw the butterfly and then a gray pen for the outside of the stencil.
     Then came the dare from Bright Owl.  Another "first impression".  The moment I opened the site and saw the tangle I said I really loved it and I couldn't wait to tangle it.  Then I tried to get started.  I struggled on all three zendalas I did.  I seriously ended up not liking the template.  How strange, the first impressions were so different in the end.
    The zendalas turned out okay in the end.  I really love the pink one.  But I just couldn't get into the template. 
    The Every Inchie Monday word this week was gray.  With the rain we have had as of late, perhaps I should have gone outside and taken a picture of the sky.  Instead I pulled out some shading markers I purchased a while back and went to work.  I tangled an area on a piece of white paper with one of my favorite tangles, verve.  Then I colored the tangle using the marker.  Last I grabbed my trusty one inch paper punch and found an area I liked.  There you go!  Gray in an inch!
     Hope your week is off to a grand start.  Thank you for dropping by and leaving me a comment!  One more week before school starts for me.  Then it will be back to "stealing" a few artful moments.  See you!

7 comments:

  1. I love all of these designs, you have a great talent!!! I love the inchie, so cool. love the pattern of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cathy, you did such wonderful things, I love all of them. And you are so right about first impressions. Even with people....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see the tangle influence in this inchie. :)

    The butterfly is lovely. I wonder if you could fit that into an inch? That would be amazing - but you'd need a very fine pen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous artwork! That butterfly - wow! I like all your zendalas, with the first one as my favourite - it looks like a carnation. Very cute inchie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You put in lots of work. For struggling with the template, you did a good job. I think I like the first one best. I like the line work and the organic nature of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work all around, but I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that first zendala!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant work. I love your tangles, all of them and also the inchie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!