Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Challenge #130

     This week's challenge was to use the tangle, "henna drum".  This is a really pretty, flowing tangle.   My first tile uses this tangle and featherfall.  I like playing around with featherfall trying to "get it right".  I am sort of pleased with this one.
      The next one was something I "saw" in my head, but I am not sure what I did matches what I really wanted.  I wanted lots of mechanical gears and such in an overgrown area.  Overgrown with tangles.  I may need to keep working on this idea.  It's so frustrating to "see" something and not be able to bring it out the way I want!  It also got a bit chopped off by the scanner since it was in my sketch book.  Oops.
Overgrown
     After the last one, I had to give henna drum one last try.  The third one is my favorite.  I like the flowing feel to it.
Love, Faith, Hope
     After I finished these, I did an ATC for Judy West's online ATC swap.  I did discover that it is not a really good idea to color the spaces, use the blender and then try drawing over it.  My pen did not want to work really well. 
     Hope you have a great week and thank you for dropping by!  Now let's go see how some others handled this challenge!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, you had fun with this one, I love how you have explored and made Henna Drum so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really gave this tangle a try! I like all three of them but agree with you on the last one. Maybe it's because of the backgound.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All are lovely! Each of them has a separate impression. I like all in equal measure. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I like the first one the best. Henna Drum and Featherfall go well together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! In the second tile, Henna Drum almost looks like a stamp. And I love using words as you did in your third tile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!