Sunday, May 24, 2015

Days 143 and 144

     Day 143 was work on Journal52 pages.  I still am one behind, but I will get it caught up - hopefully sometime this week.  Week 20 was "good advice".  I had all sorts of serious thoughts, but in the end silly won out.  We used to love to go out into Papa's garden and drop a watermelon on the ground, then sit down right on the spot and eat it.  Now, admittedly, they would have been so much better if we had put them in the fridge or at least under a shade tree for a while.  But that never stopped us.  Whenever we would eat watermelon with Papa around, he would give us his piece of advice - "Don't eat the seeds, a watermelon will grow in you stomach."  For a long time, I was not too sure about whether to believe him or not.  I think I will stay clear of seeds just in case.

     The other Journal52 page was for week 21.  It was a real challenge for me.  The topic was to do a list of top tens - whatever you want.  I am by nature an avid lister.  Everything gets a list.  And I do mean everything.  Seriously.  So the hard part was to figure out what to list.  Books, movies, people, quotes, foods - I thought through them all.  Finally I decided on listing the top ten ways I enjoy being creative.  (Keep in mind, there are probably tons more I could add). My top ten for the moment are - tangling, drawing in pen and ink, quilling, woodburning, making books, making cards, scrapbooking, painting, writing, and designing houses.

     Leftover water color inspired me to do another stack for Stacked and Tangled, Day 144.   I always take whatever paint is left on the palette and spread it around on scrap paper.  Then it is there if I need it and I don't feel like I have wasted it.  I stamped some flowers around on the scrap paper - just in case.  So for this tile I found an area I really liked and cut it out.  Still plenty of scrap left another day.

     Now I am off to watch some you-tube videos.  One of my summer goals is to learn how to put products on TeachersPayTeachers.  I have ideas, just no know-how.  But I will learn.
     Thanks for dropping by and leaving me some sunshine!  Have a wonderfully blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!