Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 131

  Fun day at school today!!  My goal is to have the last five days super fun filled.  Today's theme was "Arts and Crafts" day.  Back when I first started teaching, there was time for Friday afternoon art.  Holiday art filled the walls.  Not any more.  It is cover this standard, reteach that standard . . . The fun things aren't so much around anymore.  Well, that is not totally true.  Our school (the wonderful crew of teachers) try very hard to make most lessons exciting.  And they succeed.  But either way, all of today was devoted to creativity.  We painted, cut, created.  I had a blast and I hope the kids did too.
     In addition to creating at school, I played around with a challenge or two at home.  I started a couple of challenges but the only one I finished was the one for Stacked and Tangled (a facebook group).  We used a new tangle, "4Mom".  Lots of fun.  I also combined this with the tangle challenge for Diane's site - using tangles that begin with the letters MNO, malestrom, nzeppel, and oops.

    Tomorrow's theme day is "Puzzles and Other Challenges".  I have a few things to get ready, so see you tomorrow! 

2 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful tile, I like the feeling of it. Love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about teaching ... yes, the testing makes things more difficult for everyone!! Great you brought in creativity!! :) Love your M-N-O!!! The color is so pretty!! Thank you so very much for joining in!!!

    ~ Diane Clancy
    http://www.dianeclancy.com/blog/2015/05/my-diane-caroliens-m-n-o-challenge-entry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!