Sunday, September 28, 2014

Smead Paper product review

     Let's take a look at some paper products by Smead offered by Shoplet.com.  First stop, erasable tab file folders.  Yes, I know you can do that with a pencil.  But I prefer to have a more permanent looking label on things for school.  These standard size file folders will let you write on them with a permanent pen and then reuse them or correct mistakes by erasing.  You need to make sure it is a permanent marker (Sharpie) and a white polymer eraser.  They said not to use ballpoint pens, or pencils - they can smear.  In a pinch, you can use rubbing alcohol to clean the writing area.  I like the way they were easily cleaned up.  I didn't leave the ink on for days, but my guess it that it would perform the same either way.
          Smead also has Erasable Hanging Folders.   They come in 3 colors and function like the folders above - remember permanent pen and white polymer eraser.  I probably should try something else to write with just to prove it doesn't work, but I hate to mess up these really neat folders.  Particularly since I see a need for them at school right away!
       The next part of my package is some more file folders.  But this time they are really different.  The first thing I noticed was, of course, the color.  They are pretty.  I like the bright, eye catching colors.   They are also vertical.  No more taping the sides to make my own.  These vertical folders are closed on two sides and will fit in most file cabinets.  Honestly if I could toss all my old ones and change to these I think I would.
    
     I love organization.  I like the rugged appearance of this organizer by Smead.  It has tiered tabs and a clear windows for easy viewing.  It claims to hold up to 600 sheets of paper and while it seems I have that many papers to grade, I probably won't get around to testing the limits!  It comes with monthly or A-Z tabs and has twelve sections.  I like this and hope to see it hold up better than the brown paper ones I have used.  It says waterproof and while I hope I don't find out, that is nice to know.

     Thank you for dropping by and checking out some really nice products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!