Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A Dare and A Challenge!

  I don't usually post to both places with one writing, but this week things got busier than usual.  Okay, not really super busy.  More like I got more involved with crafty stuff.  I also got involved in reading some really good professional stuff for school.  So anyway, here goes.  I promise I will try to separate them from now on. . . .hopefully.

Dare #15

This week's dare from Erin over at The Bright Owl was a tough one.  All those boxes stumped me for a few rounds.  I couldn't decide how to approach them.  So I did my usual sit and stare.  For a bit longer than usual.  I didn't even touch it all of Friday.  I did look at it - a lot.
     I really liked the first one I did.  Well, honestly I liked them both.  But on the second one, I was almost done and got involved in a conversation with my brother while I was working and boom!  There it was.  A glaring mistake.  Why is it when there is a mistake it screams "Notice me or else!"  I hate that.  It sort of ruined my feelings on the zendala, but here it is anyway.  Hold your ears, because it does scream rather loudly.

Challenge #80

Now for the Diva's challenge.  We were asked to use Mi2.  I love the way this tangle looks, but can't seem to control it.  I did find that Rick Robert's steps using a dot rather than a seed to begin was somewhat easier.  Not a lot, mind you.  So for my tile I had to keep Mi2 in a very basic format - no spectacular flourishes or major creativity like you can see if you check out Diva's site and the other entries.  I tried to dress it up a bit by inking the edges, using a sepia pen and a brown pencil, but honestly it still remains rather . . . basic.  
     It's easy to see why I love Fridays and Mondays.  These gals provide SO much fun.  Thanks ladies and thanks to all who drop by.  Happy tangling!

15 comments:

  1. I think your zendala's are quite nice! I think I like the second one best.
    And also the challnge is very pretty. Love the fact that a lot of us used Verve too.

    Annemarie Huijts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Using diamonds in the center of Mi2 is so fantastic! Love the scrolls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You don't give yourself enough credit. This is more than a basic tile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love you Zendalas-they look so cohesive and creative. Beautiful. I like your Challenge piece to, love the scrolls and the sepia color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way, I can't find your mistake, so it can't be that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  6. well i don't see any 'glaring' mistakes, so it must be ok :) i think they all turned out great! i am not excited about trying Mi2 again - i can never get it right. you make it look easy - not fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Quite a few of us used Auraknot in the centre of the zendala (great brains think alike?) And your Mi2 tile has inspired me to persevers with my attempts. Youe Mi2 might be basic but your complementary tangles are great and the added colour really perks up the whole thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I can't see your glaring mistake!!! I think all three designs are beautiful. I many times I post to more than one challenge...there is only so much time each week! I love your Mi2 challenge entry. The diamonds in Mi2, the scrolls, Verve and "dangles" are great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like everyone else, I can't see the mistake. I think both Zendala's are great and I love your Mi2 challenge. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. All three are great and I don't see any mistakes, either--though I know how you feel. You know where it is and think everyone else will see it--clearly the work is wonderful since none of us can catch it! And I really love your Paradox center on the second zendala--beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. looks great - lovely merge into verve!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is much more than basic. It has a simple grace, your Mi2 is well done and I love the dangles in the upper left.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on meeting both a challenge and a dare. I like all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like what you did with this challenge, the distressed look from the sepia pen is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!