Monday, September 17, 2018

RollerCoaster!

      These past few days have been an emotional roller coaster.  I have at times tried to draw, but couldn't function.  Then I would try again later to help soothe my mind.  Lakota, my furbaby, got sick last Friday.  It was super sudden and we had no idea what happened.  He could hardly hold himself up he was so weak.  The next day, we saw some progress.  He was moving around more but would get tired quickly.  Each day he was better.  I don't think we are out of the woods yet, but we have prayed so hard for healing for him.  He is eating, drinking water and moving around much more easily.  All things we are viewing as miracles. 
      My system does not handle stress well.  (well, whose does?)  So to top it off last night I got sick with a major stomach issue.  Great.  Today I feel very drained.  It is all I can do to sit here and play around half heartedly with my art stuff. 
      The inchie word was Malta.  I don't really know much about that place, but after looking at the google images I would love to visit and learn more.  What a beautiful place! The water is amazingly clear and blue.  I could see myself being on a beach there for a spell!

      The Line Weaving weekend challenge was hard and I am still not too sure about it.  I started a "gazillion" times.  We were to look at Joanne Fink's Dangle letters and use that for inspiration.  Her style is so loose and flowing.  It has a real delicateness too it.  I simply cannot produce that unplanned look.  My lines look so rigid!  Aggravation!  My "L" is for Lakota.

      Diva's challenge was to use "straight lines".  So I used one of my favorite tangles - maryhill.  I also used the tangle m-lines and then just some straight lines to finish up.  Lines are nice to sit and draw when you don't really want to concentrate too hard.  They provide a mental break for me and I need that.

       And lastly a couple of coloring pictures for fall. 
     
          I am tired right now but going to bed won't help.  I am not sleeping so very well.  I don't usually anyway and this just adds to the reasons I am awake.  Thanks for dropping by and I hope you are having a very blessed day.  Keep me and Lakota in your thoughts, please.  Hugs!!  

6 comments:

  1. I do like that Diva tile! Take care and get well soon; both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tiles look great. I am sorry for what you are going thru. I will say a prayer for you and Lakota. Also, about sleeping, my sister told me about a song that she prescribes for her patients. It is an awesome song and every time I hear it it puts me to sleep before its over with. It is called Weightless by Marconi Union. Look it up on youtube. it really works there is an 8 minute one and a 30 minute version but the 8 minute one works wonders. HTH

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m glad to read Lakota is feeling better. Hope you’re feeling better soon too. Lovely inchie and I love the Maryhill tangle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely inchie, I hope you are both feeling better. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I hope your furbaby (and you) recover completely soon. I like what you've done with Maryhill. Super great tile.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!