Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Happy Tuesday!!

    I hope everyone is doing wonderfully!  I am having a good day even though it is very cold - again - outside.  Glad I have no where to go. 
    The inchie country for this week was Vietnam.  I honestly don't know much about that country.  I remember the war era and when I googled Vietnam I was bombarded with military pictures.  I really did not want to focus on that.  So I looked at the countryside.  The hills and rice fields are very pretty landscapes.  So my inchie tries to use all those things and the flag.


     Diva's challenge was to use the tangle rumpus.  That one is a very pretty tangle.  I decided on a black tile and white pen just for some difference. 
     The challenge at Joey's was to use the tangle drogon on string #157.   I like this tangle and decided to just make the tile a monotangle.  I also used a bit of henna colored pencil to shade.
     I got a new coloring book from Color It (one of my favorite companies) last week - Colors of the Decades.  It had been out for a while, but I really wasn't interested in it.  Then I saw one of the pictures inside and thought I should give it a try.  Glad I did.  It is a lot of fun to color the "wild" colors of the years past.  Here are a few from the book that I have finished.

     See what I mean about color?  I love the chance to color a bit wild!  Guess I better go.  Oh, before I forget - I have about 5 miles to go on my virtual race!  Can you believe it?  I have been able to log on at least one mile each day.  I know that is not very impressive if you are athletic, but for me (the ultimate couch potato) it is pretty exciting.  I plan on signing up for another one as soon as this one is complete.  I will show you my medal and t-shirt when I get them!
     Take care and have a wonderful week!  Hugs!

13 comments:

  1. Lots of wonderful work! I love the intensity of the colors. It really does remind me of decades past--I swear I had a dress in that flowery print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your colouring is obviously something you really enjoy. Congratulations on your "virtual" exercise! Sounds intriguing! Dx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Drogon tile! Also, wonderful work on the coloring pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your take on the inchie. Good idea to focus on the positive. I love your color pages, the dinner is amazing and brings me back to some of the awesome dinners I have been in

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the colour pages very much, you have used wonderful colours, very pleasant to look at.
    Beautiful contributions as well for the Diva (white on black has always something magic, as well for Joey to show a lovely monotangle) and an original inchie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey busy girl......there's some great stuff again this week and the inchie....I love!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tiles and that coloring book work is delightful;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful inchie! Love the colourbook pages, great colours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This page shows the drawings of a real artist!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your art work and inchie. We have horrible weather as well, so very reluctant to leave my workroom.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!