Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Flower Pot and a "trip" home

    I was born in North Carolina - the Greensboro area.  It has been a long time since I have been back there and don't have any plans to go in the future.  But it is still home and the source of many happy times and memories.  In playing around on the internet yesterday, I discovered a wonderful site called Greensboro Daily Photo.  This energetic couple have developed a blog for photos taken around Greensboro area.  They publish one each day.  It is like a mini journey home each time I open my e-mail. 
    My dad was a structural draftsman and drew plans for lots of large buildings.  When I was in high school, I took a drafting class and worked with him in my spare time.  Whenever he would get house plans in, I took them over.  I designed lots of the homes in the Greensboro area.  Once a gentleman called and asked if we could design a building for him to use as a florist shop.  He wanted it to be shaped like a flower pot.  Dad said yes and I took over.  
     Yesterday as I was playing around I - on a total lark- searched for the flower pot building.  That led me to the Greensboro photo site, an e-mail correspondence with this couple, and a delightful photo of the building!!  I was thrilled.  
previously The Flower Pot
     Imagine the building painted a like a terra cotta pot with the top filled with brightly colored artificial plants.  A little corny perhaps, but really clever.  What a nice memory for me!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!