Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Crash!!

     To say that I have been blessed this past week is somewhat of an understatement.  I felt a huge blessing the other day.  We have a couple of steps going out to the back porch - a covered concrete slab.  We had let Lakota out and I turned to come back in.  I caught my bedroom slipper on the edge of the door and slam!  I crashed into the dining room floor.  Full force on my face.  I didn't have time to put out a hand to break my fall so my face did the job!  Major pain!  My glasses fell clear without breaking (blessing).   My mouth hurt but I did not break a tooth (another blessing).  And even though it bled a lot, my nose wasn't broken (yeah again).  It was a bit frightening how much I bled, due to the blood thinners I am on, but still no breaks.  I wasn't even sore the next day.  It could've been much worse if I had fallen OUT the door.  The concrete might have done some severe damage.  So all in all, I felt quite fortunate.  I did not however feel the least bit GRACEFUL. 
     The weather has been rainy this week so I didn't feel the least bit bad about sitting and coloring and drawing.  Perfect weather for it.  I also have been wrestling with a small stomach bug so being lazy this week came easy.  I still want to get started cleaning closets but hey, that can be done whenever, right?
      I am working in my Color It book, Dogs Man's Best Friends.  Here are a couple of ones I have completed.  I am still really enjoying the chameleon markers.  They give such a great blended look.  I love the ease with which they combine colors or do gradients.  I don't feel comfortable enough to try the dogs fur with the markers so I use the polychromos pencils for that.


      Here are a few of the challenges I did for this week.
Every Inchie Monday - Jordan's flag
An It's a Sting Thing challenge I forgot to post in time
Weekly Challenge (Lineweaving Community) - Feathers
     
Mojo Challenge using slidehats and meringue
      Thank you for dropping by and a huge welcome to the new followers I have!  When I first started my blog a long time ago, I went the next day to school and tried to find someone to follow me so I could have at least one follower.  My friend, the assistant principal, agreed.  I was so thrilled to have ONE follower.  To see it grow without me begging is so cool!  Again thanks.  Also thanks for your comments - they highlight my day!  Hugs and blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post again, I especially like the colours and style of your last image, Mojo Challenge. So glad to hear you did not injure yourself more significantly during your tumble, bouncing is good! Dx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great artwork. Love the Mojo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I'm so sorry to hear about your fall, but was happy to hear the results were a blessing of non injury!!! Loving your creativity as always. Your feather challenge is absolutely beautiful. Graceful pattern drawing for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!