Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Cooler weather, please!

      I really do not like hot weather.  Warm, yes, but not 100 degrees F.  Not my cup of tea.  I prefer non extremes.  Cool, but not cold.  Warm, but not hot.  But I suppose sitting inside on such a hot day gives me plenty of time to draw and color.  Can't complain about that.
      Every Inchie Monday's country this week was South Africa.  I googled South African icons for ideas.  I decided on using the flag since I have included it on all my inchies but one.  I also went with a diamond (my brother's suggestion) for another item on my inchie.  Gave me a chance to add some glitter gel pen.  There were lots of things to chose from. 

      The challenge this week was Joey's 222nd challenge.  Wow!  She also announced she would probably not be continuing it.  Okay.  My heart broke a bit.  I discovered this challenge quite early in my tangling journey and I love it.  I look forward every Monday to her post.  I really am going to miss this.  She wanted us to use Maryhill in the center of this round piece.  I love that tangle.  I am not sure my whole piece is all that super, but I had fun playing around with it.

      Another loss is the challenges of Diva.  She mentioned she  will be making some changes in her routine and possibly dropping all - or at least some - of her challenges.  Argh!  Not another one.  I am retired, have more time to draw and do this sort of thing than ever before and they are all leaving me!  Stop!  Wait!  Give me some more challenges!  Oh well.
      I have been having so much fun playing with a circle maker I purchased.  It is so cool, because it makes dividing the circle into angles so much fun.  And so easy for a non-math person like me.  It the Circle Helix (search on Amazon).  Here are a few of the mandalas I have been playing with.



      I suppose I should go now.  Lakota is demanding I take him out.  Does he not realize how hot it is?!  No, of course he doesn't.  Silly puppy.  Thanks for dropping by and saying hello.  Hugs!!

6 comments:

  1. I really like the way you did the Maryhill tile, and your mandalas are fantastic.

    From now on, I have no reason to get out of bed on Mondays, sigh...no more Joey. Dang! I didn't know that the Diva was also talking about leaving, as I no longer do her challenges. But for those of you who do, well, I hope she stays. We need our challenges, for sure.

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no I didn't know that the Diva might not continue with her challenges! I'm so sorry that we both stopped at the same time!

      Delete
  2. Wow! i love all of those mandalas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Mandalas! Thanks for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some wonderful tangles and inchie. I don't like the hot weather either.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!