Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Happy Tuesday!

Hello!  I hope everyone is having a wonderful week!  I am.  The rain has finally stopped - at least for a while.  They are even saying we may reach the 70's for a few days.  Odd for February.  I really prefer seasonable weather.  I will take cold now, mild springs and hot summers. Oh well.
     Every Inchie Monday's word was Cuba.  I really don't know much about this country, but in googling it I learned it is a very beautiful county.  The houses are colorful and the beaches are gorgeous!  I chose to focus on the beach. 

      Joey has given us a "finish my string" challenge full of ribbons.  I had a lot of fun with this one and got to try some newer tangles for me in the process.  I used a purple prisma and some gamsol blender to add some color to my tile.  I used several tangles in this piece -  hibred, diamante, danzer, brace-s, diva dance, nzeppel, emingle, d'eneh, and boomerang.

      Diva's challenge #352 was to use a nested heart string.  I drew my string and started with a new tangle (to me) called cindyer.  Totally messed up.  It is in my sketch book on the back of another piece so what do I do???  Black marker to the rescue!  I covered the outside heart with black.  Then tried the tangle again - more carefully - on the other side.  Since I wanted balance I used black and red to make more bold stripes.  Actually I like it and am sort of glad the option of throwing it away was impossible.  Thus proving there are truly NO mistakes in zentangle (at least none a little ol' black marker won't hide!).

     This past week I have been working in Color It's book Dogs, Man's Best Friend.  I sort of chose a "focus" book for the week.  Or so it seems.  Here are the ones I have finished this past week.



      I am keeping up with my walking.  Right now it is in place or around the house, but it is movement and that is more than I was doing.  I try to get at least a mile every day.  I wish I could do more.  Maybe one day I will. 
     Take care and thanks for dropping by!  I hope you have a wonderful week! 

10 comments:

  1. Hi, Cathy,
    Really love the tangle you did for Joey's challenge. I have always liked "Boomerang" a lot, but haven't used it for a wicked long time now, because I had such a hard time with it when I first found it. Tried it just now, and it worked really well for me. So, you have inspired me to try it again, thank you.

    If you made any kind of "oops" on the tangle for Diva, you sure fixed it. That's a really good looking tangle.

    And of course...those dogs! Oh, my, so pretty.

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new tangles that you did and those color pages are so cool. I love that you focused on the beaches in Cuba.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice tangling and colouring happening here! I'm glad that you managed to save the hearts tangle....the pop of colour looks great. I don't think many of us are familiar with Cuba!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tiles and some really fun coloring;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tropical look of your inchie and your tangles and colouring are great...Great save on the hearts tangle, if you hadn't explained though, I would never have known...Dx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful tangles! And I can't get enough of those coloring pages!! That schnauzer one is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful inchie.
    When we where in Trinidad we had this view from our hotelroom, whel without the flag :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific artwork! I love the red/black contrast of your nestled hearts.❤

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!