Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Yahoo! My books came!

    After much to-do, my coloring books finally came.  And I must say it was worth the wait. They are very nicely done.  They are packed full of Ben Kwok's templates to color and tangle and play with!  But one of the nicest things (well, to me at any rate) is that inside both of the books there is some of my art work.  There is an wonderful thrill every time I see my name in print - however small it might be.  Beyond that, if you like coloring books and like tangling these are two really nice books.  I plan on buying some more of this series of templates by Ben.  Beats printing them.

     The pelican came from the Birds book.  My funky cat came from the Lovable Pets book.  I went a little crazy with the cat!  I used markers, gel pens, watercolor pencils and regular pencils - anything I could reach!  While not at all my usual treatment of a template, I really like him.

     Every Inchie Monday's word was ghastly.  I honestly had no clue what to do.  So I went with the first thing in my head - a tiny representation of  "The Scream".  It isn't really super, but it does get the message across, I hope.

     Diane Clancy's alphabet challenge is one of my very favorites.  It sort of forces me to look for tangles that I don't use so often.  The letters were BPU.  I used batumber, pokeleaf, and u-four.

     With the Roman numeral challenge behind us, Made by Joey came up with another good series of challenges - circle templates.  Sounds like fun.  This week we had to use the tangle flux in the template.  I chose to use a monotangle.  Well, it really sort of chose me.  I got carried away with flux. 

     I guess it is time to go and cut some birthday cards.  I haven't done any cutting since I got out of school and my poor little Cricut looks a bit lonely.  I went to Hobby Lobby yesterday and took advantage of a really good paper sale and now I am ready to get cutting.  Thank you for dropping by and saying hello!  Have a great rest of the week and I will be back again soon!

11 comments:

  1. Love your work this week, Cathy! The kittie is beautiful! I may have to try some of those Zentangle challenges just for fun this week. Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the pelican and the cat, love them both!! I also love your inchie...I went for an ugly witch, but she turned out kind of cute, sigh. Awesome job with Joey's circle/flux challenge!! Enjoy your summer!!

    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome that you are published! How cool is that! I adore your inchie, so much detail in that inch! Way to go! The rest is awesome as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on the books - very impressive - I like your interpretation of the painting great inchie for ghastly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is really wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring is beautiful and so is your artwork

    The inchie is amazing

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous tangles, love the bird and cat. Great inchie too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how Flux carried you away! :-) Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful work! Congrats on the coloring book art. I love that cat;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the gray leaves in Flux. And the cat is just too cute!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!