Sunday, August 23, 2015

Staplers, anyone??

    I was asked by Shoplet.com to review a stapler.  Since the old one on my desk requires a very powerful "smack" to get to work, I was anxious to give this stapler a look-see.  The first box to arrive was a gorgeous (yes, a stapler can be gorgeous) electric one!  Now I was not expecting that.  This stapler is a Swingline model.  A name I am very familiar with and very fond of.  I plugged this beauty in and took to playing with any loose paper I could find. 
     The first surprise I got was that it was really quiet thanks to some sort of sound dampening system.  My dog is frightened of the noise a stapler or hole punch makes (no clue as to why) and so I was sort of concerned that he would do his usual number and flee the room.  A stack of papers later and he still was fast asleep at my feet.  So yes, this is quiet.
    
      This stapler is very heavy construction.  It has suction cups on the bottom so it does not move.  It uses standard size staples (1/4" standard, full strip 210) and has a built in storage spot for extras.  The technology boasts "no jam", which I didn't have reason to be concerned about.  There is a LED light to tell you that you are about to run out of staples.  I definitely would check out this stapler, particularly if you need a lot of papers stapled.  I do a lot of booklets and papers for my classroom and this will be great!
     I was very surprised to receive a few days later another stapler.  This is a candy apple red stapler with more extras than I thought could be put into a stapler.  It has a permanent spot on my desk at school (the electric one is for home use).  It is designed so that it can lay flat or stand up right.  No real reason I can see for that, but it is sort of nice to keep the desk uncluttered.  The stapler - a Stanley Bostitch Dynamo Stapler has a rubber grip.  This is really nice since I struggle with some pain in my hands.  It gives it a very comfortable feel.  It will staple about 20 sheets at a time with little effort.  It also opens 180 degrees to allow working on a bulletin board!  In the end is a pencil sharpener.  I sort of think that is a bit unnecessary and probably will never use it.  But it is there is you like.  My favorite feature - a staple remover built right into the stapler!  I think that is one of the best ideas I have ever seen.  Why aren't they ALL made with that?!  Seriously.  I can't count the times I have been mid-board and need to remove something I added.  Then I get to go on the staple pull search - what teacher did I loan that thing to??  Not anymore.  Like I said, my favorite feature, hands down.
  These great products can be found at the Shoplet on-line store.  Check out office supplies, medical supplies, cleaning supplies and office furniture while shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!