Wednesday, November 5, 2014

A few challenges

What's this?  Me posting in the middle of the week?  Not rushing in at the last minute on the week-end?   What happened?  I got sick with a very fast moving stomach bug yesterday and since I wasn't counting on being at home I left all my school work at school . . .  so when I was finally able to get up for a bit, guess how I amused myself?!  While I enjoyed the extra art time, I really don't want to have to have the "cause" again.  That was less than fun.
      Every Inchie Monday's word was violet.  My mom had two windows full of beautiful African violets.  She tended them with love and care and they flourished.  Then she passed away and they were left to her daughter (me).  Uh, I still have the pots.  Apparently I do not have my mom's green thumb. 
     Diva's guest challenger asked us to do a tile and use one of her tangles - seton.  This is a really fun and versatile tangle. 


  Thanks for dropping by and leaving me some sunshine!  Have a blessed day!

7 comments:

  1. Love your windmill Seton. Beautifully drawn inchies. May you keep having lots of spare time without any bad causes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The violet is beautifully drawn. I especially like your second tile, it's done so very well with a great result. Hope you feel better by now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Mother has many plants and flowers, over the years she has learned to NEVER ask me to water them, she actually has asked me not to even look at them too long, lol I am the total opposite of a green thumb. I can kill plants by looking at them lol. your flower is beautiful. you did such a great job. I love also the zias so very geometric! Hope you feel better

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it something about African Violets? They are a one-owner pet, I think. Those who grow them say they are so easy, but I can sympathize with your empty pots, as I have managed to kill a number of beautiful specimens. Oh well, when you draw the violets, they last a LOT longer (hehe). I love how you put Seton into a sort of "Rose Window" form, and the color in the second one is so pretty. Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I TOTALLY can relate to the violets; my mom, too, had, I assume still has tons of different ones on her window sills. ME? I'm a violet death trap! I can grow just about anything else but! How does that happen? Great movement with Seton; a different take than I've seen elsewhere. Have a brilliant and I'm sure healthier day! c

    ReplyDelete
  6. your inchie is fabulous - I have the non-green thumb daughter symdrome too! love your use of seton - especially the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sister grew violets....they thrive if you find the right lighting for them and you don't water them toooo much. Succulents are the same way and I tend to over water them...but they are more forgiving than violets and seem to thrive in spite of my hovering. Love the seton work too, so artistic!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!