Saturday, December 7, 2013

He Who Finishes Last . . . .

. . . . . well, still finishes.  Barely.  The dares, challenges, Christmas presents, etc. keep piling up.  I am getting things done, just not as quickly as I wanted. 
      Every Inchie Monday's word was jacket.  I just did not have a creative thought in my brain.  Which is why it has taken me so long.  I definitely did not want to miss one, so here is my "jacket".  I just am not very happy with it.  Now this coming week, the word is . . . and I have an idea!  You'll see it . . . hopefully on time.
jacket
      Then I needed to do Bright Owl's challenge.  Once I got started, the template sort of disappeared - but it is there, I promise.
Dare #82
    Next stop, casa de Diva.  I really love her new tangle, Boo-Kee.  It is fun.  The first thing I saw was snowmen - on Diva's tile even though she didn't mean to do snowmen.  I sort of thought I would go with that idea until I opened Bloglovin and saw some other gorgeous snowmen.  Maybe on a Christmas card for someone.  But for now I just had some fun playing with the tangle.  This is one that will become a favorite "go-to".
Challenge #147
     I discovered Adele Bruno's string challenge.  I know.  I shouldn't have.  But . . . I had to get involved.  When life slows down over Christmas holidays, I may go back and get caught up on the challenges I have missed.  It doesn't look like I used her string, but it is in there. 
String Challenge #17
     I am caught up now - sort of.  Until the challenges come out this week.  So I think I will take some time and work on one the tiles I am doing for Christmas.  I will post the things I have worked on, but not until after they are given.  One is for my school secretary (an awesome lady) and another is for my assistant principal (another great lady) and they are readers of this blog, so "no, Cindy and Amy, you can't see what I have done!"
     Have a great week and hope the weather is not being too unkind to you where ever you may be.  It is rough in parts of our country.  Not here, not yet.  Thanks for dropping by and leaving me some sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! You have been busy! Nice tiles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cathy, I love your Inchie!! My first thought was to do the little boy all wrapped up in jacket,scarf, hat, mittens and who know what., from the movie A Christmas Story. But then I thought that me hard on an inch. But wow, you did an awesome snow jacket !And I like your tangle too! It really is a fun and go to, kind of tangle!Anyway, I know you're busy I'm kinda feeling that craze too!!! That's Christmas!!!! :0) May Peace be Yours during the Season!! (I know I'm trying) :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the zendala!!! However the others are great too. Don't be so hard on yourself with the jacket, it;s really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been busy! I love all your last minute tiles and although it's been a long week for me, I recognise all these dares/challenges and think you've done a great job. Axxx
    PS - the jacket is really cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!