Sunday, February 24, 2013

Liebster Award!!

   Oh my!  When I got my email from Susan at Scattered I was somewhat awestruck.  Okay, I am aware it isn't the Pulitzer, but I could hardly believe that someone would nominate me for any sort of award.  Thanks a ton, Susan!  I appreciate your thoughts and I love looking at your very cool blog.

About the Award

This award was designed to be a blog award in the pay it forward fashion.  Once you have been nominated, you award it to the 5 blogs that you like that have fewer than 200 followers, to encourage new visitors to their blogs.

Rules for Acceptance

Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.  Post the award onto your blog.  Give the award to 5 bloggers who you appreciate and provide you inspiration.  They need to have fewer than 200 followers.  Leave a comment on their blog letting them know that you have given them this award.

My choices for this blog are listed below in no particular order.  Each spot has some wonderful creative ideas for you to enjoy.  Drop by and let them know what a great place they have!  I promise you will be inspired to get creative.

         1. poppiespenpics
         2. tanglefish
         3. precious worke
         5. cardztv

A Bit of Blog History

A little over a year ago, I didn't even know what a blog was.  Oh, I had heard the word, but really never been to one.  I started doing zentangle and came across the Diva's site.  I really wanted to participate in her challenges but didn't know where to begin.  It seemed after some research a blog was the answer.  So I researched some more and was led to blogspot.  It was fairly user friendly - translate that into even "I could do it".  I have always loved to write, keeping journals and books of poems, stories and notes.  This sounded like fun.

Of course I needed a follower.  I really wanted at least one of those little pictures on my blog.  I asked my brother.  He just gave me one of those stares and said "why? I listen to you all day?"  Then I decided to bug people at the school where I work.  I dropped subtle little hints -like, "if you want I will put it on your computer".  Unfortunately, I didn't have money to pay them to let me use their little picture.  Oh well. Then I mentioned it to our assisstant principal.  I don't think I begged.  Well, maybe a tiny bit.  She said she would then she went right into her office and did it!  I had a picture too!  What is really amazing is that she still reads it. She quite often mentions something I said.  Then there were others.  Amazing artists.  People from all over.  Now I don't have thousands of followers like some spots, but everytime I go over to my corner of the internet and see those people I am truly amazed.  And when my views hit the milestone numbers like 500 . . . .1000. . . . I couldn't stop doing my happy dance.  What fun all this this!  So all of that being said, I know the Liebster is sort of like a chain award, but I was thrilled.  I even dashed back into Amy's office to brag about it.  Can you imagine the fuss I will make with the Pulitzer?  Oh my.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!