Thursday, October 11, 2012

Fall Break Fun!!

  It has arrived!  Fall break!  Yahoo!  I am so loving the time to draw, get to my new computer program and be totally LAZY.  I am enjoying this year - for the most part - but I need a rest.  So let's post some challenges and dares!

Dare #26

Erin at the Bright Owl loves Halloween and Fall.  So her "dare" this week was to do a Halloween or Fall inspired zendala.  Since I had already done the Halloween thing last week, I decided fall colors would be better.  While my kiddos at school love Halloween, I am not so enthralled by it.  Besides, I used up all my ideas on Dare #25.  I used some goldish colored cardstock to work on and then brown and orange pens.  Fall is one of my favorite times of the year.  I love the colors, the crunch of leaves, the smell of wood smoke . . . . everything about it.  So this was fun!  Thanks, Erin!

 Celtic Knot # 8

      Judy West at Creative Doodling gave us a beautiful template.  Her challenge was to fill it with leaves.  This was fun.  I loved playing in the leaves!  There are a few tiny 'boo-boos" but not enough to change the fact I really like this one.  It is one of my favorites I have done in awhile.  (Considering how many I do, whew!)

 Challenge # 90

The Diva's challenge was to take the first string pattern over at TanglePatterns.com and use it to tangle on.  I had played around with this string when it first came out.  I use my calendar to put those in.  But rather than scanning the earlier tiles, I decided to do one in celebration of Challenge 90.  I love the challenges each week.   Now that doesn't mean I like them.  Sometimes they are hard and I get frustrated, but I always grow and learn something new.  And that I love. 
     In one of her recent posts Laura Harms, the Diva, said she was having trouble with her hands.  I really pray this is easing up for her.  Here recently, I am struggling with using my left hand at times.  I can't tie my shoes some mornings, open things, or pick up small items.  It hurts, but more than the pain, it is frustrating.  I am thankful it is not my right - drawing - hand, but it does make some crafting tough or impossible.  I could not imagine not being able to create at all.  Creativity is such an important element of my life.  So I decided for one of my calendar pages (I am playing catch up again!), I thought I would do a hand.  I traced my hand, tangled around it in black with the intention of leaving the hand white.  Then I decided to fill it, but so it would stand out, I used the brown and sepia pens. 
A Celebration of Hands
  I wish you all a wonderful week!  Thank you for dropping by and for any comments you leave.  Maybe this week I can actually do some more commenting!  Yahoo, again!

12 comments:

  1. Great work on all the above but I especially love the autumn challenge zendala. Gorgeous combo of soft colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful work! Your fall zendala is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fall post! I love seeing your border esses on the zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job with all of these Cathy. They all look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you've been busy! Nice autumn zendala - 'specially like the design you use just inside the outer ring. Your celtic knot is really stunning - such detail! But my fav is your Challenge #90 - Love the dangly things with the 90! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All you did are beautiful. To be honest, my favourit is the zendala.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all just great!! I didn't know about the Celtic knot! Wow...really like it!! and your sketch book is fabulous...I hope your hand improves...your art work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All are very nice - but WOW the detail in the 2nd Zendala - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such beautiful work in all of these! Love the autumn colors in the Zendala. Your celtic knot zendala is stunning! And such a whimsical interpretation of the string challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You were able to use the string in the challenge and give it such character! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. cathy - you have been busy! and such beautiful detailed work! i am really interested in all the hand art i see. did you do this one for something special? i read your comments and understand why you drew your hand, but i'm seeing this pop up all over the art pages. i just wondered if you knew why?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!