Saturday, September 1, 2012

Celtic Knot #3 and Dare #21

     Summer is now officially over (at least for me).  I had my teacher in-services this week and next Tuesday I get my kids back.  I hate to see summer end, but I am so excited about seeing my children.  It is really nice because they are (mostly) the same class since we loop classes at my school.  Its even nicer since I really, really loved this group!  But even with school "stuff", I found time to tangle!

     Celtic Knot #3

     This challenge by Creative Doodling's Judy West was lots of fun.  We had to use the celtic knot style to do either a letter or a word.  I couldn't decide what to do at first.  Then I decided on doing something I had thought about using for a Christmas card.  

Dare #21

     I agree with several others - dare #21?!  Have we really been doing them for 21 weeks?  Wow!  I love this dare.  The repeated patterns and the rhythm of a zendala really appeal to me.  Very calming.  I printed all three templates.  I usually do, even if I don't get to do them all three.  The ones I don't do go into a "rainy day" drawer.  I decided on what color to use.  I really lean toward the traditional black and white most of the time, but the black pen is running low on ink and I haven't got to the mall to get one.  So color it is!  Once I got started with the green I could not get my mind off of an idea that popped in my head.  So I had to stop and do this other idea first, simply so it would let go of me.  The moment the green hit the first paper, this is what I saw:
Peas and Carrots
It is not my favorite, but it was begging to be done!  And so I could move on to other things, I had to comply!  The next one is where I started in the first place (before being so rudely interrupted).
I like the tangles and the way this one looks, but I do wish it had been black.  The green is a bit more vibrant in person - the scan tends to wash it out a bit.
     The last one is my very favorite.  I like the tangles I found in Sandy Bartholomew's book for the outside pieces and I also really like the browns.
      This was done on the large template and printed on tan cardstock.  I used colored pencils to shade it.  You can find this and all the other great entries at The Bright Owl (see side button).
      Now I need to go and look at some plans for next week.  Fortunately planning is something I really love to do.  Thank you for stopping by and I really look forward to your comments.  Those comments are like little presents in my inbox!  Seriously, they brighten my day.  I am trying to keep up with leaving comments as I enjoy the other sites, but sometimes school gets in the way.  Just know I am loving your work!  I learn so much from just looking at the talent out there. 
                    Have a great week-end, and Happy Tangling!



17 comments:

  1. You've done a gorgeous job on all these challenges! I haven't had time to do any of them - I, too, am getting ready for Tuesday. Busy time of year for teachers!! Hopefully I'll be able to get to them tomorrow or Monday.... Best of luck with the new school year! Happy tangling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All three of your tangles are awesome! I think the last one is my favorite. I love the tangles you used in your third tangle as well as the brown colors. Good luck with the coming school year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Celtic 'P'. I like the message and the border also. Your Dare results are very nice.My favourite is the bottom one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the last is the one!!!!!!! ;)love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are all brilliant, but with the others, my favourite is the last one. It has the WOW factor!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great, the last one is my favourite, but the veg come a close second, that tile is so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these! I have just begun doing challenges. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all very beautiful! In the first you used the same tangles as I did in the great leaves. Glad I did not look befeore I finished my dare.

    (I used to sign with 'Annemarie' before I had my Blog! So now it's 'Anne)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Christmas card front. And all three dare pieces are lovely. I think my favorite by just a little is the second one all in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have to admit my favorit is the last one. I just love those colors. The veggie zendala is very nice also.
    I like yor P with celtic knots too. Its very peacfull in blue.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All three are wonderful and I will add....I love the 3rd so much! The color choice is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all amazing! I love the Celtic knot card- beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the 3rd! The color choice is very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great job, cathy! i love the brown one - i think it's my favorite of the zendalas. and your Christmas card is beautiful! i want to work on this today - you have inspired me to get with it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oo girl--you've been busy!! And beautiful work!! Love the Peace on Earth and I had just watched Forrest Gump again this week, so the peas and carrots made me smile, thinking of the movie! The brown is definitely my favorite! I love the openness of it--I need to learn to do that and it's so hard!! I just want to fill everything in! Great job on all this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!