Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

      At least to those of us in the U.S.   To the rest of my friends, just have a wonderful blessed day.  While it is just Ray and I (and of course, Lakota), we still have a rather good sized meal for Thanksgiving.  The plan in doing a larger meal is leftovers!  It means I don't have to cook for a few days at least.  I enjoy that.  Plus there are things we simply must have that remind us of our childhood dinners at our grandparents.  For me, cranberry relish salad.  For Ray, deviled eggs.  I have started a bit of meal prep today so I don't have much to do tomorrow.  I also got my Christmas tree up today!  It is so pretty.  I love this season.
     The inchie country was Denmark.  That is such a beautiful place (at least according to photos).  I chose a Viking ship and the flag.  Simple but I like it.
       Diva's challenge was to use fengle and pokeroot.  Again a rather simple drawing but it uses the two tangles.  I love fengle.  It has always been one of my favorites. 
     And last some of the past week's coloring.  I have a few more drawing challenges to work on, but they are not done . . . yet.  Perhaps as I chill from my meal tomorrow. 



     Now I must go work on a few Christmas cards.  Please have a wonderful day and I hope you find it full of blessings!  Hugs!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely inchie and colouring...I have been making some hand coloured cards lately, using my few coloured pencils. I tend to hanker over getting some Prismas, but if I rarely use the Derwents I have, I question the expense, so I am trying to use them more...I agree also about the over catering...I do this at Christmas, it's the only way to get a break from the endless meal production. I forgot that you start Christmas decorating along with Thanksgiving...our tradition regards the tree, when the smalls were at school, in order to curb the excitement, was to set up the tree the evening they finished the school term...this was very often only a two or three days before the big event. My daughter, who lived in America for a few years and who loves the seasonal hooha with a passion, loved the fact that Christmas was extended right from Hallow e'en, through Thanksgiving and ALL of December...she tried to get that custom started here, but without much success, I am afraid. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed the simplicity of your duotangle for the Diva Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving, Cathy! I agree with your brother, the devilled eggs are wonderful. My dil's mom makes a great cranberry salad that uses pecans, pineapple, and jello. I'm also all about the dressing!

    Your flag and the Viking ship made me smile. My inchie was also the flag, but I drew a woman's head covering in front of it. I think I like the ship better, tho.

    I also love the way you did fengle and poke root. And of course love your coloring pages. Of those, my favorite this week is the wolf...love it!!

    Again, Happy Thanksgiving to both you and Ray! Hope you enjoy the leftovers!

    JoyceB.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Diva tile and your coloring is lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!