Monday, July 30, 2018

Time is Running Out!

    Winners for the Christmas in July blog hop will be chosen from the comments left on the blogs by Aug. 1st.  Hurry, if you haven't, and leave a comment or two and good luck in winning!  I will announce my blog's winners here on August 4th.  Stop by to see if you have won.
     Every Inchie Monday's word / country was Brazil this week.  When I asked for suggestions from my brother, "futbol" was the first out of his mouth.  So I chose to use the flag, of course, a soccer ball, and the famous statue, Christ the Redeemer.  This statue stands 98 feet tall and is quite impressive.  The photos I found online are so beautiful.

      I did a couple of other challenges this past week.  I decided to get involved (again) with Adele Bruno's string challenge.  I used to do this one all the time but school took over.  Now that I don't have any school hassles, I can pick back up with this challenge.  The week we used "moon" type tangles to celebrate the eclipse.  Fun!
      I am loving the two challenges that come from Cindy Angiel's Rainbow Elephant site.  See the sidebar for the link if you would like to join the fun.  This weekend challenge was to do something with gemstones.  I decided to do a mandala (yes I am addicted to those round lovelies) and then "spill" some gems on it. 
     I also have been working in my Color It book, Blissful Scenes.  The pictures are so detailed and fun! I also am having fun playing with the waterbrush pens I got.  This one is done in polychromos pencils and waterbrush pens. 
     Did I mention that I won a  gift card for $100 dollars from Color It??  Was I ever excited?!  Now to decide how to spend the money on the card!  Part of my problem is I have nearly everything they put out. 
      Teachers in my old school start back to work today.  The children return on Thursday.  Just think I could be sitting in the obligatory all day staff meeting right now.  No, don't think about it.  I am not.  I did dream last night about setting my class room up!  Oh good grief!  Pretty bad that when I do finally sleep I get dreams of that!
      Thanks for dropping by and saying hello!  I hope you are having a very blessed day.  Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. Great inchie and tangles Cathy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your inchie. I started to do Christ the Redeemer but changed it when it just wouldn't translate. I love the tangles and congrats on the win. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!