Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A couple of challenging challenges

    Well, one challenging challenge.  The zen button was loads of fun.  I went on a search for tangle fragments and chose to do my button with those and not "real" tangles.  Or at least tangles with names.  I do wish I could get the shading on my zen buttons as gorgeous as others I have seen.  I need to do another one and see if I can make it "glow" like the ones I like so much.  Practice makes perfect (or at least pretty good).  So here is button attempt #1.
      Took a few minutes to do attempt #2.   Still not happy with the shading.  Aarghh!  I do like the green and I am happy with the tangles I used, I just can't make it look glossy on top.  Okay, lay it aside for now and then try later this week.  I need to find my white charcoal pencil around here somewhere!  You haven't seen it, have you? I have looked everywhere.

      This second challenge from Rainbow Elephant was challenging.  The tangle pozi gave me royal fit!  But I tried.  My flowers, flormoeba, weren't too terrible.
      One more that I just finished but not connected to a challenge.  I just got my set of Color It water brush pens and am trying to "conquer" blending.  This was my best turn out, at least I think so.  Maybe it was the paper . . .  either way it inspired me to grab an Amazon lightning deal on Arrteza water brush pens.  I had been eyeing them for some time but could not decide.  It has 96 colors - oh goodie. 

      Alas I am finished.  Thanks for dropping by and checking out these attempts.  Hugs! 

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, your buttons are coming along nicely. Love that pretty green one. Keep up the great work. I think you’re being to hard on yourself when critiquing your work. The MOJO challenge piece came out lovely as well.

    And I am truly enjoying all the lovely mandalas you’ve been sharing on Facebook, etc. This purple one has some fun whimsy to it as well. The feathering is great.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!