Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Happy November!!

     Yes fall is here.  The sky is gray - blue.  The air is chilled.  And the front yard is being covered in leaves.  And I am thinking hot chocolate!  What a wonderful time of the year!
      My inchie is the very famous Charlotte the spider spinning her web to help Wilbur.  I love that book.  Reading to children is probably one of the things I miss the most.  I love to read children's books.  I use all sorts of voices and drama and really get into it.  I had a child tell me once when I had been absent that even though the sub had read the book I had left, they wanted me to go back and read it again so they could "see" the characters.  Maybe I will record my very favorite Christmas tale and share it on here - we will see.
      The 3D object to fill was a cylinder.  Joey asked that we use Diva Dance on our work.  I kept mine simple.
      Diva's challenge was Hallow/Fall.  I decided on a pumpkin which covers both.  It also served as the last prompt for INKtober days. 
       And last a couple of coloring pages I had completed this past week.

    One more thing, I did a comparison of blending with colored pencils.  This might come in handy if you use them in your work.  I tried the four methods I have available with both my prismas and the polychromos.  I don't really have a favorite, it is just handy to have what they look like.
     Thank you for dropping by!  I love your comments.  They are my sunshine!  Hugs!

8 comments:

  1. Charlotte the spider is a lovely book - as your work is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent work, love your tiles! The fairy you colored is beautiful...and I love fairies, think they are so pretty.

    JoyceB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your literary reference and yes, reading is a skill. I love audio books as I they allow me to listen whilst keeping my hands and eyes free to engage in other exploits...I often have my iPod earbuds in place while I get on with my day...I like your pencil blending comparisons...I like gamsol best when I want a very smooth finish as I get more consistent results, but also like to simply blend with the pencils I am using in order to improve my colouring skills...I often wish gamsol had been around when I was in kindergarten...Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leaves, I will show them to my daughter as she would find it useful in her art. I love the inchie, even though I have never read the book

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I like them all! The Diva tile is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow. Your some pig tile brings back lovely memories! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful collection of Art this week! Your challenge is wonderful, you say it's simple but it's looks great, especially with the added shadow! Love your Diva challenge too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!