Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Rainy days

    I know we need the rain.  But must it come so often and so hard when it does??  Does my area know nothing of a gentle spring shower?  Apparently not.
    The inchie word was gorilla.  There used to be a cartoon when I was growing up called "Magilla Gorilla".  I barely remember it, but the name stuck in my brain and the whole time I was drawing this gorilla, I was calling it Magilla. 
     Joey's letter is W.  We are almost through.  I need to figure out what to do with the tiles.  I might make a poster with them all.  I used W2, wud, and wacho.  I love the woven look of some tangles like W2, but they are totally a mind consuming exercise for me.  I usually end up saying "over and under" aloud while I do it like some sort of mantra.  Keeps me focused.
     I really wanted a garden this year.  I just never got around to putting one together.  Maybe next year when I have lots more time.  I love plants.  However, they are doomed in my hands.  I can kill a plastic plant!  Seriously!  But even so, I keep trying and hoping.  This week we planted a lovely hydrangea my friends at school gave me.  I really would love to see it flourish.  It is this wonderful magenta color and so pretty.  I also "splurged" and bought two huge potted tomato plants.  One even had some cherry tomatoes already on it.  I would love for them to do well.  They are on the back deck and right now have succumbed to my anti-green thumb!
     Thank you for dropping by and saying hello.  I hope you have a wonderful week!

10 comments:

  1. I think 'over and under' when I'm drawing W2 as well! But I always feel so clever when it's done and looks so cool.
    As an avid gardener I have found that nutrient deficient soil is usually the reason for unsuccessful gardening. It doesn't take long to improve the soil with a bit of compost, manure and regular watering to attract the worms. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I will be having a special post for everyone to share photos of their completed alphabet during the week of Z. I hope that you will share your poster of tiles!

      Delete
  2. I like what you did inside the W :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's what I love doing W2, I find it restful....inside, outside, inside or sometimes right, left, right, left....I'm very versatile! It does look so pretty when it's done! I too am not good with plants which reminds me I need to water the inside one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of Magilla but never saw him! Yours certainly made me smile though.

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Magilla Gorilla! I remember him. Can't wait to see all the alphabet together I bet it will look so cool! I also have killed plastic plants! I dont dare to plant flowers but next year i am hoping to have a garden as well. I have been contemplating doing a flower pot garden. Might be easier for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Magilla Gorilla looks a very pleasant animal, I haven't heard of it but enjoyed meeting up through your inchie...good luck with the tomatoes...Di

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely tile. I also like the Wacho look of your W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cheerful gorilla, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful happy gorilla inchie and great artwork

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!