Sunday, April 24, 2016

Twenty days and counting . . .

    Yep.  I have twenty days left of school (with children and 4 more work days).  This year has flown by.  The last few days will too.  At least in some ways.  When I look at the list of things that must be accomplished before I lose my kids - whew!  I can not see how I will do it.  I know I will, but  . . .
    And in the midst of it all, I must do my art work or go nuts.  It brings me a few moments of zen and peace.  I worked first on the Roman numeral challenge for Made by Joey.  This is the number IX.  Makes me wish I had thought of leaving negative space around the other numbers. 
     Then I worked on the Diane Clancy challenge.  The letters were JXT.  I chose the tangles - JJ, X2 and Tootsie Moon. 
      Every Inchie Monday's word this past week was "poetry".  I could not make up my mind what to do here.  It took several days of thinking.  But here we go  . . .
     The last item wasn't for a challenge or anything.  As I am sure you know the musician Prince died this last week.  I liked his music, not one of my absolute favorites but still one I enjoyed quite a lot.  However a teacher at my school is crazy about him.  She was "in mourning" as she put it when she found out.  I decided to do her a small gift.  So I took an apprentice sized tile, did the symbol he used for a while, tangled and then added some purple.  Actually I really like this.  However I will give it away tomorrow morning.  This teacher is the daughter of a teacher I used to work with a long time ago.  She is just like her mom - kind, caring and really energetic.  She has been a real asset to our school.
     Thank you for dropping by and saying hello!  I hope your week is wonderful!!


4 comments:

  1. Love your Prince-inspired piece. That was so kind for you to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Prince piece, so nice of you to do that for your friend. I love your inchie so creative and neat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great inchie and fab tangles, love the Prince one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clever poetree Inchie very well done. Your Prince tangle is stunning and I know will be greatly appreciated by your friend - what a lovely kind thoughtful thing to do.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!