Pages

Monday, September 16, 2013

Dare #73 and Every Inchie Monday

     This morning I had early morning duty at school.  This means I am standing at the back entrance where parents drop off their children and greeting.  The air had a fall crispness.  I love this time of year.  Then as the sky began to get light (yes, I am pretty much out there in the dark) I heard the sound of geese honking.  Overhead flew a beautifully formed V.  Their sound and their flight . . . it was so grand.  I felt all inspired and uplifted.  My day held promise.  I only wish I had had the camera.
     I finished only one template this weekend, but I love Bright Owl's template this week so much I may do the others when I have time.  I just knew I better get posted.  My time is at least partially consumed with school things now.
       For Every Inchie Monday the word was road.  I had to revisit my favorite road of course - the yellow brick road.  I am a huge fan of the Wizard of Oz.  I got to see the new movie this summer and absolutely loved it. 
      I hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Thank you for dropping by.  See you!

13 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the design of the outer two rings of 'flowers' turned in towards the center- The whole Zendala reminds me of some of a beautiful cactus.
    I had not heard of Every Inchie Monday I'll have to ck that out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous zendala!!! I love this well-balanced composition and the wonderfull shading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your zendala, there is great depth in it.
    I do know what you mean; the feeling of those geese. It always makes me so thankful seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your yellow brick road - a great take on the theme.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful road. I leds you to the rainbow. I missed the movie of OZ but I think I can get a DVD later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful zendala! Reminiscent of a decorative plate, painted magical designs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for your inchie. Zendala is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous zendala! I love Wizard of Oz too! Of course Yellow Brick Road is The Road!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful simplicity and incredible shading. Very nice!

    Happy Tangling,

    Jacque Solomon
    www.tanglebright.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are the 2nd person to think of the Yellow brick road. I just love it. Maybe I was not thinking too deeply LOL mine is plain, I just love the Oz themes! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The inchie is wonderful and your zendela work is always stunning

    Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so glad you did something with the outer edge of your Zendala. It's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!