Saturday, April 28, 2012

Zendala Dare #3

     I really look forward to this "dare".  I love the templates Erin provides and this week is no exception.  My first thought, when I saw it, was crisp, golden french fries from McDonalds.  Okay, I know I haven't had a french fry in over 6 years (they don't agree with my blood sugar), but it was my first thought nevertheless.  After drooling a bit, I settled in to less food oriented thoughts.  I made one copy straight up just to fill in.  Then I made another to modify a bit with the pencil transfer method she suggested.  I didn't really want a "theme" - I just got finished with the Diva's Earth Day challenge.  The only thing I was certain of was that on the pencil one, fengle had to be in the center.  Beyond that, I just had fun playing. 
 I can't wait to see the other posts.  I get such great ideas from looking.  Now, do I do one with bright red "cups" and golden fries poking out, maybe the center could be a cheese burger, onion rings around the outside . . . oops, there I go again.  Have a great weekend.  I think I will go and find some broccoli.

7 comments:

  1. Cathy, I love both of these Zendalas. Using Fengle in the middle was genius. Thanks for taking the "dare".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both Zendalas Cathy! I really like the woven pattern you used in the second one as well as the Fengle in the first one! I'll have to try those patterns myself sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that fengle in the center of the first one. Both are very lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're too funny. LOL And, you're right. Now that I look at the template it does look like fry cups. LOL I have to say I'd love to see you do that MacDonald's inspired zendala. LOL The two you did here are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh! i love that first one! reminds me of the beach - the shells, the surf, and the sand - beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like them both, and also feel the beach. I am glad I was not the only one fantasizing about french fries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cathy, I can see you love mandalas!! The site is
    http://premaspace.com/mandalas . Happy mandalaring!!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!