Saturday, January 21, 2012

Challenge #54

I love purple!  It is my favorite color.  Several years ago I read about a lady in our town who had a purple house (inside and out), a purple car, and wore only the color purple.  Now that might be going a bit too far - maybe. 

This week's challenge was to add the color purple to a tangle.  I really am more fond of the pure black/white/gray tones of a tangle, but like the idea of adding a bit of splash!
After playing with a blank mandala pattern, I decided to put together my own tile.  Then when I received Carole Ohl's Tangle-A-Day Calendar, I had to try the purple there too.   I am not sure which I like best, but all three sure were a lot of fun. 
I can't wait to see next week's challenge.  I also can't wait to see if I can figure out how to post this on the challenge site.  I hope it goes smoother than last week!!  But I did make the slide show after all the hassle. 

7 comments:

  1. Lovely detail in your work. Your calendar art is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I am sort new to zentangle, but am loving every second.

      Delete
  2. All are lovely but really enjoying the mandala - glad you were able to post it for us to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mandala was one of my first pieces, so I was happy to see the purple challenge come up!!

      Delete
  3. Love your work. It has a fun feel to it, especially your calendar page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All lovely - I really like the depth you are able to achieve. I especially love the mandala - it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!