Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Good morning!

      I hope everyone is having a wonderful day!  I love the feel of fall that is now in our air.  It is so crisp and cool.  We even had to turn our heat on night before last.  That first time on for the season is horrible - smells!  But fortunately it doesn't last long. 
       Every Inchie Monday's word was bear.  There were lots of choices for famous bears or just the more natural ones, but I chose to do Boo-Boo that was Yogi's sidekick.  He is sort of special to me.  When I was about 5, my Dad called from the hospital to tell me that Mom had had her baby - a little brother for me!  He told me that now I would have a little "Boo-Boo" bear to play with me.  Yogi was one of my favorite cartoons so I was super excited.  That became my nickname for my brother - even to this day, I will still call him Boo.
      Joey is into 3D challenges this go round.  She has challenged us to fill a 3D box with the tangle betweed.  I love that tangle.  It is one of my favorite "go to" tangles.
       I also worked on a couple of coloring pages this week.  The bright purple one looks like it has some unfinished areas - it doesn't.  I can't get my scanner to pick up neon pens.  Weird.  Does anyone know if  this can be accomplished?  I got a new set of gel pens from Color It this past week and so I have used them every chance I get.  The metallic add a nice glitter - which is almost impossible for you to see.  Trust me, those fish sparkle!

     One last item - I had a lot of wonderful suggestions on ways to write my initials when I asked a bit ago.  I just could not make CSC look pretty the way some artists do their initials.  Well, due to some inspiration - it hit me!  Here is my new "chop".  It is not supposed to be eyes and a nose which it DOES resemble, but instead think dragonfly or butterfly (not Mr. Magoo).  I like it.  It is easy to put on art work and it has all three letters (one backwards).  What do you think??
      I may have one small change to add, but Ray is already at the scanner / computer so not right now. 
      Guess I had better go for now.  It is lunch and I am ready!  Take care and thank you so much for leaving me some sunshine!  Hugs!!

3 comments:

  1. Love your Boo inchie and the story that goes with it...I am always surprised how often our thoughts turn to childhood while working on these inchies...maybe it's an age thing, or just us chatting between ourselves in a comfortable environment...have to think on that. Your art work is so vibrant and beautiful I look forward each week to seeing it and lastly I think your chop is great, very original...Dxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the "chop" as you call it. It looks cool. I love your Boo Boo as well. When I was a kid we used to spend summers at Yogi Bear campground and there was always pictures of Yogi and Boo Boo, I loved that cartoon and Boo Boo was my favorite. You did an awesome job on him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yogi & boohoo were favourites for me too but I ended up with a brother called Rupert as in the bear stories rather than Timothy which is what he was supposed to be called- I declared that would only love him if he was called Rupert....I haven't thought about this in a few years!

    Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!