Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Every Inchie Monday, Made by Joey and Easter Eggs

     What a combination!  Let's see where to begin.  This week's inchie was island.  My first thought was one of my favorite poems.  We have poetry notebooks in my classroom to practice fluency with.  We get a new poem each week.  One of my favorites is If Once You Have Slept On An Island.   I love this poem.  I think it would be so much fun to have my own island - wouldn't have to be large, just private.  Ahhh  . . .
    I think you probably would not be the same if you had slept on an island.  At least I wouldn't.
       I also worked on the challenge for Made by Joey.  Remember we are doing a Roman numeral challenge.   This week was the number IV or 4.  I can't wait to see what the whole page will look like!
     I also decided to work on some plastic Easter eggs to try and sell.  I am sort of late with this, but I will have something ready for the next holiday.  I was pleased with how it turned out.  I would love to find something to sell to help out with finances and since my Cricut is one of my favorite toys, why not?  I have a few good ideas for Mother's Day. 
    If you might be interested in one, please send me your email address in the comments and we can work out the "how to's".  I could not begin to send with the candy, but they are $7.00 personalized plus what ever I find out postage would be.  I am not too sure of that.    I sold them around the school for 10 with candy. 
     Guess I had better get busy on something more productive.  Now what should that be??  Relaxing in my easy chair???  Seriously, thank you for dropping by and I hope you are having a wonderful day!!



7 comments:

  1. Love the island poem and inchie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the poem, and I love the reflection of the tree on the water

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice island inchie - really like the reflection of the tree in the water

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if it's the sleeping on an island or the waking up to crystal aqua blue water that sticks with you always. And sleeping on a boat, well, that is just freaky when you're finally back on solid ground, still wobbling to the waves. Nice poem, Cathy. Love the water-colored sunrise--or is it sunset? island, Have a brilliant day! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if it's the sleeping on an island or the waking up to crystal aqua blue water that sticks with you always. And sleeping on a boat, well, that is just freaky when you're finally back on solid ground, still wobbling to the waves. Nice poem, Cathy. Love the water-colored sunrise--or is it sunset? island, Have a brilliant day! Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great poem / island, Ive lived on 2 separate islands in my life but never really thought of it as living on an island as they were a decent size ( Bahrain & Abu Dhabi)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great poem, there are three islands just off the coast where I live and I would love the spend the night in one of them but it isn't permitted. I love your little palm tree island. You managed to fit all the tangles into the Roman numeral string very well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!