Saturday, May 12, 2012

Zendala Dare #5

  This has been a roller-coaster week!  At least emotionally.  There is a lot I would love to write to get out of my system, and I will at some point, but some of the changes I am having to adjust to are at work and we are not in a place to discuss this yet.  For the record, though, I hate change.  I really prefer a nice calm "rut".  Adjusting to any changes are hard for me, but honestly after a lot of prayer, I am feeling pretty good about "things". 
  Fortunately some things don't change.  Like an awesome dare each Friday.  Oh how I love that!    This design was really extra awesome in my opinion.  I had so much fun and needed so much calm, that I did two.  When I first saw the pattern, for some strange reason, I immediately thought Native American blanket.  It must be the strange way my brain works.  So after a more traditional tile, I used the round version and went to work on the blanket.  I used Margaret Bremner's new tangle "shing" and flukes.  Beyond that, I just played around with things that seemed to fit the Native American motif.  Sort of looks like a group of tepees to me.
Wigwam
  Hope you are having a great week and thank you for leaving a comment.  I love connecting with such fantastic artists.  This has become a real passion with me!  See you at the next dare!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tiles. And such a blessing to have this kind of drawing that calms you. I'm still very thankful to Rick and Maria.
    Hope everyting turns out good for you!

    Annemarie Huijts, Holland

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both wonderful zendalas. The first is so beautiful and bold, and I can feel the warmth of the second. So glad they helped you relax.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cathy - hang in there! things will get smoother!
    your tiles are beautiful - as always :). i love all the detail in your first one. and that section across the middle - i think part of it is paradox - is really stunning and eye-catching! good job!

    your second tile - i need to try shing, haven't done that one yet. i really like the colors you used! and yes, it is native american inspired - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both these tiles! Many of us aren't good at change... The three best words I ever heard at work when I wasn't coping well, were "Redirect Your Energy". Instead of focusing on what was upsetting me, I was advised to use that energy for something creative (in or out of the workplace). Worked wonders for me many, many times over the years! I can see that you have used some of that pent up energy for these tiles - they are well thought out, focused and detailed. Love the choices of tangles you've used in each - they complement. and your color is perfect in the Native themed one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are both beautiful. I am glad that you were able to find some peace while working on these. Change is never easy, but just go with the flow and see where it takes you. You might be surprised to find yourself in a greener pasture! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really love the style of the 1st one. awesome work .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some sunshine! Your comments make my day!